Friday-Independent Study Day

Today I did the finishing touches to both dresses. The heaviness of the fabric and the rope macrame detail was pulling my holiday voyage dress out of line at the top, so I needed something that could take some of the weight and create a nice shape for the dress, so I resolved the problem by adding a bra insert.

I sewed the bra into the dress giving it a flattering shape that can be seen in these before and after shots.

IMG_1181.JPG

By resolving the first problem I had created another problem as the bra could now be seen at the back, so I added poppers to pull the fabric over the bra covering it yet still allowing it to be easily taken on and off with easy access to the bra.

I finished off the fraying of the edges of all my hem details for my migrant look.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s